Greens Food Fare began life in 1924 as a butcher’s shop ‘J.T. Greens & Sons’. 90 years later and Greens has grown 20 times in size and employs over 100 people.
J.T. Greens was a 600 sq/ft butchers shop with a staff of five.
When Greens was purchased by Mr Griffith Black, the butcher’s shop occupied premises of 600sq/ft and employed a staff of five. Over time the new owner extended and developed the business into a modern 12,500sq./ft supermarket with over 100 employees.
Management of the business passed to Mr Black’s son, Rowan who continued the transformation of Greens into the modern and successful store it is today.